This is how they started. We made up the pattern so the pieces don't fit exact....actually our pattern would have fit pretty nicely, it was moving the pieces from the table to the cookie sheet that was the problem. If anyone wants to know. This took 5 BATCHES of gingerbread.
Ok technically this is how they started out. Apparently this is not the right tool to use when you are mixing dough. Learned that the hard way. 
The roof
Jada is my 5 year old niece and she did these completely by herself.
All baked and ready to be glued together. If anyone needs a recipe for super glue just cook sugar. Thats right straight sugar, for a really long time.
Jared decided to make some custom pieces.
The Texas star and a Longhorn. I was totally impressed. He printed out a clipart and traced it onto the dough and soooo carefully moved it onto the cookie sheet (I swear that is the biggest challenge)
Max loved having so many extra people around to play with
We bought a little bit of candy to get us started and somehow ended up with this much. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Ivie! Surprisingly we used most of it. Here are the final products:........
The Kid's house. Jada did most of the work by herself.
Corey and I did a Christmas in Utah. Complete with ski lodge and lift.
Corey showing his romantic side with the C loves H. :)

Our person snowboarding. He has a snow hat and gloves but no clothes. I don't think he will stay warm too long
This is me and Corey on the ski lift with our snowboards. Corey made our bodies by biting off pieces of the bubblegum. Totally impressive
This is Corey's sister and her husbands house. The thing in the front is a deer feeder and thats a murdered rudolph. Pretty sure the gingerbread man shot him so he could make Christmas jerky.
.jpg)




So awesome! Those look great! That is a very fun tradition! I have never done any gingerbread houses, looks like we'll have to try it next year!
ReplyDeleteps-you were completely right about the little drummer boy! I LOVED it!
xo
i love the ski lodge idea! you guys rocked it! what a fun tradition.
ReplyDelete