Thursday, June 11, 2009

I am 25!!

I officially became a year older on Tuesday June 9th, but we celebrated early. Corey took me to the melting pot for dinner over the weekend. We had the "Big Night Out" It was perfect. It is so expensive to treat yourself to a 4 course meal of fondou but YOU ONLY TURN 25 ONCE :) Then we got together will some friends on Monday and played a killer game (ha ha pun) of Killer Bunnies. THEN on Tuesday when I got home from Summer School Corey surprised me with a bouquet of flowers, and a bathroom full of rose petals and candles, and a bowl of strawberries on the side of the tub. It was my favorite thing ever. He definaltey got points for that. Then after a warm bath, I was tired, so I took a short nap which lasted until the next morning (which was a great present in and of itself).

Wednesday was a crazy day. This was our first week of summer school. I have 9 kids and I love every bit of it. I love to teach when there is no pressure, and it's laid back, and the teacher:kids ratio is low enough to show using your two hands. I'm a fan. HOWEVER, I am not a fan of lockdowns. At 2pm our AP came on the intercom with her voice shaking and announced a lockdown. We were very aware it was not a drill. So we turned off the lights, shut the blinds and hid in a corner of the room for 40 minutes. They accidently left the intercom on and we could hear them calling 911. It was so scary. When we dismissed we had cops everywhere, parked and walking around the school to make sure everyone was safe. What happened was incredible odd because it directly affected our school secretary. She lives so close to the school across the street that her backyard borders the soccer field. A man and his sun were robbing her garage and had her husbands tools loaded up and her father in law caught them and told them not to move. They moved, so he shot their tires and the younger of the to took of running (turns out he has been to jail, and didnt really want to go back) and he ran into the school across the street where the cops caught him. IT WAS CRAZY. Luckily no one was hurt and nothing was seriously damaged. It sure got my nerves though.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's scary! Glad everything turned out OK. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy HAPPY Birthday Holli girl! 25 is one of the best ages ever (take it from someone who has experience several more of them than you :)) I remember when you were born! You've grown into a wonderful young lady (that sounds like an old aunt thing to say... doesn't it?) So sorry.
    You really had a lockdown???? I only had drills, thank goodness. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! and man, corey sure knows how to pull out all the stops for a girl's birthday. way to go! that lock down must have been TERRIFYING. i'm glad everything turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a man you have! dinner, flowers, a warm tub, what more could you want? I'm glad your liking summer school! CRAZY Houston. I'm so glad you're safe, I bet that shook Corey up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday Holli! Being 25 is wonderful. I am glad that Corey is spoiling you. Enjoy every moment! I am glad that you are safe from the lockdown. Sounds way scarry, especially to have the intercom on. Have a super good week. Love ya, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Holli, Happy Birthday to you! I can't believe you are 25. That means Tom and I have been married 25 years this October. Amazing how fast time flies. I remember the day you were born, we were all so excited and couldn't get enough of holding you.

    Sorry this is a few days late, we have been busy getting Carlee off and getting back to our life. Things just seem to be on a fast mode for us right now.

    Give Corey an extra big hug for being such a great guy. He is a keeper.

    Sorry you had such a scare at your school. I am so glad things turned out well.

    ReplyDelete