First of all I have to say - I'M SO EXCITED BECAUSE MY CAMERA IS WORKING AGAIN!! Not that it was technically broken, but for some odd reason my computer wouldn't recognize the device so I had no way to upload my pictures. WELL, somehow, it fixed itself! yay! So now you get a giant update about last week.
SOUTH TEXAS TRIP

Corey and I went to his dad's house in Beeville last weekend. On our way we saw this...

It looked like thousands of acres were burning. It was awful!

We originally went down South so Corey could help his dad finish building a fence in the pasture, but OF COURSE that didn't happen. We went camping instead. This is Corey, his dad, and his two step-brothers. Scroll down to see what they were so intent on doing...

They were shooting turtles. :( Sad I know. But apparently they eat their bait. And fishing is very important to these guys. Did you know a turtle sinks to the bottom of a river after its been shot. :(

We had an audience during all of our activities. I think they wanted us off their land, but they were to scared to tell us, so they settle for eyeballing us.

Corey and his dad serenaded us all night. It was so cool so see them play together.

Corey and I. We were camping - Don't judge. lol

Corey and I spent the next afternoon having a washer tournament. I made major improvements. My team almost came back for a win, but lost it at the last second. Corey's team always wins.

Are you supposed to stick your leg up to throw? Apparently I did that every time.
ASTROS GAME

Our friend took us to an Astros game last Thursday. We were on the 3rd row!! It was amazing. The Astros we behind the first half and came back with a vengence for a final score of 9 to 4. It was so fun! Corey did a fence for Lance Berkman (He plays first base) last week and got a baseball with his autograph. So now that I know who he is, it was especially cool to see him play.

Me and Corey

Dustin and Emily. One of Corey's best friends is dating our downstairs neighbor. That has been fun because we get to hang out with them all the time.
WE SPENT A SATURDAY PLAYING WITH OUR NIECE JADA
Here are a few pictures I snapped throughout the day.




It was too hot to stay outside for long, so we came inside and baked banana muffins. It takes 3 times longer when you let a 4 year old do most of the work. ha ha but we finished and they were delicious!

She wore the apron I made in Home Ec class when I was in Sixth grade. Doesn't she look like a little Martha Stewart?

She thought I was crazy with taking pictures all the time but she endulged me.

She filled up both of the muffin tins all by herself.
When Corey got off of work we went to the Houston Zoo. Corey had never been. It was SO hot and humid we were dripping with sweat even though it was pretty overcast and late in the afternoon. We drank lots of gatorade and ate ice cream the whole time.

My favorite things to see were the giraffes, elephants, lions, and the monkeys.

It was so hot, most of the animals were hiding in a corner in whatever shade was in their area sleeping. This orangatang was the only thing that put on a show. He was hilarious

Jada loved riding on her Uncle Bubba's shoulders. She had a great day with us. The second we put her in the carseat - she passed out. She slept the whole way home.
Holli you did such a great job with your pictures. I love the ones with Jada. It looks like you had a great day. love mom
ReplyDeletePoor turtles. :(
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a fun and busy week! You pictures turned out really cute.
ReplyDeleteHypoglycemic is when your blood sugar starts to drop a couple of hours after you eat. I get weak and shaky and have to eat something to make it feels better.
What a week! I love love love the photos of Jada way to go! What great seats to the Astros game, you'll never be satisfied to sit in our old seats again! =)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! Looks like you had a great holiday! Jada is darling and I love the pics you took of her. It's been too long, let's do something!
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of wildlife fun ya'll have down south. Shootin turtles and all... Looks like your having fun. What is "washers", is it kind of like horseshoes?
ReplyDelete