Corey and I went camping over the weekend around the Port Lavaca area. Of course I got sick on Friday, just in time for a 3 day weekend. That is usually the case when my body knows it gets to relax for a little bit. So I had no voice the entire time. Saturday night we stayed with a bunch of Corey's extended family and spent hours eating and listening to Corey, his dad, his uncles, aunts, second cousins, etc....sing and play the guitar. They are definately a musical family...(kind of like the Sound of Music, only cooler :)
Sunday night we slept with the mosquitos ( I have like 20 bites now) and went fishing along the coast. Salt water fishing is so different than fresh water. It is a whole different experience with the waves and the wind, not to mention the fish are much bigger. Unfortunately my computer or camera (Not sure which to blame yet) wont work to download my pictures...so they are stuck on my camera and there will remain until I figure out the problem. When I do I will post pictures.
During our campout we discovered the coolest tents. Tent Cots.
They fold up and slip right into a bag ready for the next use. They have screens on all four sides to allow for bug protection and breeze. They also have a rain cover that slips right over the top. Corey's dad and step mom had these and as our tent got washed away after a rainstorm and we were scooping out six inches of water out of our tent so we could dry out our blankets before we went to bed, they slept warm and dry 8 inches off the ground. Definately something to invest if you camp a lot.
.jpg)
Those are the coolest cots! I totally want one!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun trip...minus the tent flooding.
ReplyDeleteok I really really want one of those tents. Mike and I looked them up online. They are now in our budget!
ReplyDeleteI've missed talking to you this week. Sounds like your weekend was fun hanging with Corey's family. I hope your feeling better and your bruise has gone away. I will post some pictures of Jaxon's new shoes this week. They are so cute and they squeak when you bounce him up and down. Love ya.
ReplyDelete